The goal of Qualidata (FR) is to give users feedback on the validity of datasets they produce in order to help them increase their quality.
Validity as understood in this project means:
- Absence of general errors in file structure or content,
- Conformity to a data schema (e.g. within the French Socle commun des données locales).
In this project we intend to rely on well-known communities and existing projects based on state of the art technologies. In particular, we share Frictionless Data's vision and choose to use some of its technical building blocks (i.e. Good Tables, Data Package, etc.).
Here are some of the principles we adhere to:
- Manage data in Git repositories with native versioning,
- Rely on continuous integration to validate or transform data,
- Add metadata to describe the datasets and their schema.